Oh yes ... and to not disturb the policemen any more I asked for my forum
account to be deleted (which thankfully was done) and unsubscribe from the
lists. Let the policemen guide your steps, the community will definitly prosper!

Nik

Anno domini 2021 Sat, 17 Jul 22:43:30 -0600
 R C scripsit:
> Oh come on, don't be so negative, this CoC thing is not really a bad
> thing,  that is what I think by now ..   it is starting to look like it
> is working after a few weeks.....
>

> I have been included in some "spin of's" from threads that die out on
> the list itself, or didn't even make it there, and some EMC users
> amongst themselves keep chatting outside the list, in sort of a EMC sub
> CC-list, directly.
>

> Maybe that is just the noise the CoC wants to get rid of to begin with,
> right?  who wants that?  right? the general
> CNC/maching/tips/ovrbearing-help  I even was included in a few threads
> in EMC topics, I didn't even see on the mailing list. as in "hey did you
> see this?"  "check this out",   etc...
>
> That is a good thing,  that way no one gets offended by seeing a mailing
> list topic they didn't expect,  without a trigger warning,  or sees
> unexpected CNC topics they are not interested in. It is really cool to
> see how considerate a bunch of people have become in no time,  by not to
> just include everybody on new cool stuff for no apparent reason.
>
> I think it's a good thing, it looks it is very considerate, that some
> responsible list members send email to others with subjects starting
> with "[Emc-user]" (see it?) first  than actual immediately to
> [Emc-users] list,  that way no one gets offende or so by unexpected
> Linux-CNC topics. etc ...
>

> I think this CoC thing might actually really be on to something,
> something more.. "refined" more considerate,  more thoughtful ...   ...
> something I never thought of really ...     like, for example, one
> should not just include everyone, in some CNC or linuxcnc topic,
> blattantently assuming they might like it. Since this is a technical,
> CNC, linuxcnc group,  one should be aware that not everyone in the
> "linuxcnc" mailing list is interested in every linuxcnc topic...   that
> would be assumptious, offensive and wrong.   keep it up guys,   I think
> it is great and really going somewhere!!
>

> Ron
>

> So yeah   *lolo*   god job....
>

> On 7/17/21 9:31 PM, Scott Harwell via Emc-users wrote:
> >   I prefer the term "Special" to stupid.
> >
> > I'm not "Special" enough to believe that the "COC" will help anything or
> > anyone.
> > Scott
> >
> >      On Saturday, July 17, 2021, 1:05:37 PM CDT, Chris Albertson
> > <albertson.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >   Yes, I just stumbled on this too.  What pointless junk.  Whoever maintains
> > a list can have whatever rules he likes.  Mostly the rules are "don't be
> > stupid"  Then some guy complains "But I LIKE being stupid." and others seem
> > to agree.  Can't they all find a back channel to argue on?
> >
> > Block the topic on your mail reader, and you will never see it again.  (If
> > your mail reader can't block topics and senders, get a different mail
> > reader.)
> >

> > On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 10:31 AM Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA, CIA ...