I just read all of this because I've been a little busy.

I think all this CoC just triggered the paranoia some have inside (Wich I
understand and it's not a bad thing if it stays in logical levels). It
really isn't a big deal for me and from what I've red it's the same for
most. I always considered this community 90% anarchic and I don't see a CoC
could change that. I understand the argument but I don't like what
triggered.

I also don't see a bad intention in Jeff's act of publishing this CoC
thing. I can't imagine him, who is one of the devs who started it all,
wanting to see this project to implode. As I said earlier I think this is
more a formality than anything.

But, if this thing is going to make some folks pack their bags and
unsubscribe from this list then I say fuck CoC and please all of us forget
it's there and keep what we were doing before the post was made (which is
mostly what the CoC says apart from that paragraph about the discussions
going away from the original topic which I think it's impossible to satisfy
in the practice and that's why the subjects change as a discussion flows
most of the time).

So far I didn't see any Gestapo or KGB attitude so please don't make this
escalate for nothing...

By the way, I would add a line to the code of conduct: Persons named Andy
Pugh can't resign from the list :)

Leonardo Marsaglia