On 7/28/21 2:14 PM, Ralph Stirling wrote:
I'm in a bind now.  I just had the electrical wiring I put
into my garage shop inspected.  The WA state inspector
liked my wiring fine, but balked at the non-UL-listed
CNC mill (the main point to my whole garage shop project).
He insists it get stamped by one of the *seven* official
"approved engineers" for the state of WA before he can
sign off on my electric.  I suspect that the field approval
would cost considerably more than my entire mill (1998
vintage French 5hp spindle, 300x200x300mm travels,
$5K).  Didn't matter to him that the new VFD is listed.

Any other US-based, especially WA-based LinuxCNC
retrofitters faced this problem successfully?

Thanks,
-- Ralph

Is it hard wired?

Maybe if it is on an extension cord it will pass? Put wheels under it and say it is a temp?

Does the machine itself have a CE rating instead of UL?

Ed.