Here is the text from your link sam

Ramped velocity in this case just means constant acceleration over the
whole segment. This is less optimal than a trapezoidal velocity profile,
since the acceleration is not maximized. However, if the segment is short
enough, there isn’t enough time to accelerate much before we hit the next
segment. Recall the short line segments from the previous example. Since
they’re lines, there’s no cornering acceleration, so we’re free to
accelerate up to the requested speed. However, if this line is between two
arcs, then it will have to quickly decelerate again to be within the
maximum speed of the next segment. This means that we have a spike of
acceleration, then a spike of deceleration, causing a large jerk, for very
little performance gain. This setting is a way to eliminate this jerk for
short segments.

Basically, if a segment will complete in less time than 1 /
ARC_BLEND_RAMP_FREQ, we don’t bother with a trapezoidal velocity profile on
that segment, and use constant acceleration. (Setting ARC_BLEND_RAMP_FREQ =
1000 is equivalent to always using trapezoidal acceleration, if the servo
loop is 1kHz).

You can characterize the worst-case loss of performance by comparing the
velocity that a trapezoidal profile reaches vs. the ramp:

# v_ripple = a_max / (4.0 * f) # where: # v_ripple = average velocity
"loss" due to ramping # a_max = max axis acceleration # f = cutoff
frequency from INI

For the aforementioned machine, the ripple for a 20Hz cutoff frequency is
100 / (4 * 20) = 1.25 IPS. This seems high, but keep in mind that it is
only a worst-case estimate. In reality , the trapezoidal motion profile is
limited by other factors, such as normal acceleration or requested
velocity, and so the actual performance loss should be much smaller.
Increasing the cutoff frequency can squeeze out more performance, but make
the motion rougher due to acceleration discontinuities. A value in the
range 20Hz to 200Hz should be reasonable to start.

Finally, no amount of tweaking will speed up a toolpath with lots of small,
tight corners, since you’re limited by cornering acceleration.