hey everyone

i am trying to tune my yaskawa sigma 1 series servo drive at the moment and
thinking about using torque mode for tuning.

currently the process is auto tune drives to a rigidity setting and then
control drives with velocity reference in linuxcnc.  I am not getting the
most amazing control and any P value over 8 means the drive starts
vibrating.  i have tried a range of rigidity settings in servo drive

i have never set up linuxcnc to control torque mode and just wondering if
what the correct way is?  is it the same as velocity control in terms of
the pid loops and hal layer?  or is there another whole level of stuff i
need to do

and i saw that i needed to speed up the servo thread a bit to get better
performance if using torque mode

anyway let me know your experiences

regards

Andrew