The Python program I wrote includes hal.  I'm using a Pi4 with LinuxCNC to test
all this.  Thonny on the Pi4 will run a similar pySerial project that doesn't
include hal and spits out CAN messages through the CANUSB so my hardware works.

The original 'simple' version of serial_relays.py still works.

However, the latest upgraded serial_relays.py program does not work properly.
I've been commenting out all sorts of stuff but still no luck.

How does one get diagnostics from a python program loaded in the hal file as
loadusr -Wn serial-relays ./serial-relays.py

If I add print() statements where would they show up?  Or would they at all?

Suggestions?

Thanks
John

"ELS! Nothing else works as well for your Lathe"
Automation Artisans Inc.
www dot autoartisans dot com