Hopefully not to completely hijack this thread but...

I am working on a project that will use a Pi Pico interfaced to LinuxCNC.
Are there any debugging tools for microPython?

-----Original Message-----
From: Fox Mulder <quakem...@gmx.net>
Sent: September 14, 2021 1:27 PM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Debugging Python under LinuxCNC

That's not true for Python development in general. If you develop a
standalone Python program you can use IDEs with all their features like
breakpoints and show/edit variable contents etc. :)

The problem starts if the python program is called from another program
which is not attached to the debugger. In most cases the IDE can't attach to
this python instance and therefor can't be used. Debugging like in the old
days with print or better a logging system is still the best way. But this
is the same for C/C++ or other programs which are executed from another
program outside the IDE.

Am 14.09.21 um 19:06 schrieb John Dammeyer:
> I'm more used to working with program development systems that have
breakpoints, allow single stepping through assembly code and examining
variable values and even processor registers.  Working with Python is like
writing in BASIC with the Radio Shack TRS80 home computer.   I've gone back
to the dark ages...

Ciao,
      Rainer