John,

You described it correctly.  But I think what Robin meant by "Corner
Frequency" might be the peak of the power vs. RPM graph.  Basically, the
frequency where power output starts to fall with RPM.

But now it can get worse, or really better but more complex.   We have
these so-called "closed loop stepper drivers and also a few people are
running the steppers as if they were many-pole BLDC analog (continuous,
non-stepping) mortors

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California