The question of what motor to use is different from asking how much torque
is required.     What you will find is that motors have a torque vs. RPM
graph.   The torque a motor can provide is different at each speed.    So
as the wheel starts at 0 RPM and goes up to 1,600 RPM, the
motor's available torque is constantly changing.

A stepper motor might have only 1/2 the torque at 1,000 RPM that it had at
1 RPM.  So the acceleration could be twice as much at first.

If you are looking for the best performance per dollar you have a hard
problem and will need to create a numerical simulation.  This is why
engineers earn thier 6-figure income because they can tell you that you can
use some motor that costs 42 cents less, and it will work and still provide
the required 20% design margin.   Then after they build a million widgets,
the company saved $420K, justifying the engineer's salary three times
over.   But if you are building one unit, it is not worth using too many
hours of brain power, just buy a motor that is 2X oversized, pay twice as
much and don't worry about the $30 you could have saved.   I would not want
to work 20 hours to save $30.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California