On Wed, 17 Apr 2024, Todd Zuercher wrote:

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:14:10 +0000
From: Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com>
To: Peter Wallace <p...@mesanet.com>,
    Todd Zuercher via Emc-users <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: [Emc-users] Home to index triggers following error

The machine is currently running Linuxcnc 2.7, but the Mesa cards, are significantly older, dating back to the Linuxcnc 2.5 era.

I'm not sure how comfortable a feel about updating this machine to current at the moment. It is running 32-bit RTAI, and I'm not confident I'll be able to achieve the necessary latencies with the currently available mainstream 64-bit real time kernels required for the current version of Linuxcnc on the machine's current computer.

All of my actively running Linuxcnc machines are still on 2.7. I am in the midst of a major overhaul of one machine that will be current version of Linuxcnc. But I'm very hesitant to pull the other running machines out of production to upgrade until after I have more experience working with the newer versions. (JA and the move to requiring 64-bit kernels were very big changes.)

Todd Zuercher
P. Graham Dunn Inc.
630 Henry Street
Dalton, Ohio 44618
Phone:  (330)828-2105ext. 2031

Yeah, its not a firmware issue so the old cards should be fine,
but the driver fix is only in 2.9. Theres no specific reason the
(one line) fix could not be applied to 2.7/RTAI except I dont
have a build environment for that anymore.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics