I just returned from dinner with a robust, boisterous group of people who live in cohousing.  They decided to follow Donna's injunction to "make kin", and they're successful at it. People of many ages, many professions, including the elderly and the differently abled.  They care for each other.

I helped build and help run a community radio station that brings together people of many ages and many ability levels to keep alive our motto "many voices, one station".  We care for each other.

Instead of looking outward at the horrors perpetrated by our society on the old and sick and different and differently abled, we look inward and build our own for our own.  It's extremely hard, it's dangerous, it's possible to fail.  But if we don't make kin, if we don't take care of our own, no one will.  To that, I dedicate a large portion of my life. Let others point out how awful life can be for the elderly, and let others try to understand what can be done and how to do it.  In the warping presence of the destructive forces of capital, in the face of all of patriarchy's evil, we'll simply do all we can to continue to make kin and to care for each other.

That's all I have to say on the topic of aging.

Sandy