Hi Simon--it's De Man's argument. A certain aesthetic feature is turned into a
metaphysical substrate of things, in this case, fuzziness.

I think OOO would give you all the fuzzy you want, since everything is
interconnected at the sensual level. That, and the fact that the rift between
sensual and real is not locatable in ontically given space.

Yours, Tim

http://www.ecologywithoutnature.blogspot.com