Dear Sue, all

Many thanks, yes, definitely grappling (though, this time, I didn't put
"slippery" in the title!) - caught up in extremis (imminent paper) working
on Kantor's "found" gestures (in "found spaces" executed by "found" or
"hired" actors in "poor room of the imagination" inhabited by objects of
the lowest rank of reality...), and there's something about corporeal -
temporal and spatial - moorings I'm trying to get at, so your insights will
be very useful.  Carrie Noland's and Sally Ann Ness's Migrations of Gesture
also keep springing to the fore, so many references in the crowded house of
my academic mind!

Apologies for "self" rant. Yes, Johannes, the "again" from "Play it again,
Sam" is a famously erroneous reference re Casablanca, though one might
also/ alternatively be referencing Milton Babbitt's viola piece. And while
we're talking about the price of fish, as Kantor said, "I Shall Never
Return" - title of his penultimate stage work - but then of course he did.
As a recording. Which he would have been anyway. Except that he'd have been
there physically, too. Along with his designated "self-portrait" double.
Ghosted to death and back to life and so it goes on.

all best, I think I'll go jump in the ocean...
sj