On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 1:56 PM Floh <flo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this fix change the behaviour of the the "--em-config" and "--cache"
> cmdline args of emcc and emar to point to a local emscripten SDK install?
>
> For me it's important that I don't have that "one and only" central
> emscripten SDK, but separate versions per "workspace", and I'm using the
> "--em-config" and "--cache" to isolate those different SDKs (I'm not setting
> any environment variables like EM_CONFIG or EMSCRIPTEN_ROOT either btw).
>
> As long as the cmdline args continue working, I guess I'm fine with the
> change.

I don't think this change will effect those command line flags.

However, i don't think you can change the emscripten SDK dir by using
--em-config (can you?).   If you run emcc or emar the emscripten SDK
you get is based on where those commands are found (i.e. `which
emcc`).    This change is ephasising that fact.  The em-config can
control other things such as the LLVM location and the binaryen
location, but my understanding is that its argv0 that is used to find
emscripten.  If you want t to switch your emscripten directory you
would need to update your PATH or use a fully qualified path to emcc.