Godot Engine reads EMSCRIPTEN_ROOT from the file specified by EM_CONFIG or
~/.emscripten. Since emcc is not usually available in PATH, if
EMSCRIPTEN_ROOT
is removed, it will no longer be possible to locate it automatically. The
user
has to either manually add emcc to PATH, or source the environment
initialization script every time before they build.

As is, if `emsdk install` and `emsdk activate` have run once, just one
command
(invoking SCons) is enough to build Godot. Additional steps mean we'll have
more
users having issues with their builds.

Most users building Godot with Emscripten don't know or care about working
with
multiple Emscripten installations. In that sense, using multiple Emscripten
installations is a valid, but rare use case.