Hi,Hannes

> Regarding the revocation issue: If the client’s credentials get
> revoked then he must not be able to successfully authenticate to the
> AAA server anymore. Done. I don’t see how this can get any easier
> regardless of the authentication protocol.

on revocation issue,
  Traditional PKI based public key cryptography  and cert: a client login
with a revoked cert, server check status of the cert by ocsp protocol each
time.
  Identity based public key cryptography: a client login with a expired
identity||date,  server can check status of the client's credential
locally.