>thanks for your feedback. Building CryFS on Mac OS X is currently not
>supported unfortunately.
>Maybe I should've said that clearer from the beginning, I'm sorry this
>got you so frustrated.

Thank you for the explanation. It confirms my assessment:

- The idea and the filesystem architecture are interesting, well-suited
for MS or better.

- The implementation is fine to mark a checkbox in thesis defense (“yes it
can work - here’s the proof”), but unsuitable for field deployment without
significant efforts and possibly re-design.

>Btw most users won't ever build CryFS themselves

We differ here. But I guess, “the market” will decide.

>- there are Debian
>packages already, and in future there will also be RPM and (once
>supported) Mac OS X installers.

Sure, fine.