On 09.02.2016 00:53, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL wrote:
> OK, I got the code and took a brief look. First impression: it looks
> like an exercise in “how many different and complex packages I can tie
> together without crashing the whole thing”. Fragility of such approach
> are too numerous to list. Not to mention that it downloads a ****load
> of stuff, most of which (some) people have installed - and care about
> the version they have running. For example, WTF do I need your code to
> pull megabytes of boost-1.57, when I’m happily running boost-1.59???
> Build is still running, so no more comments *at this time*. But I’m
> almost sorry I started.
When I started the project, I was trying out a new buildsystem called
biicode with a new approach to dependency management. The stuff it
downloads is mostly other code modules from myself. Boost is downloaded
in a certain version to ensure compatibility. Unfortunately, biicode is
not maintained anymore, so I'll switch to more established build systems.

Mac OS X is not yet supported, this is actually what I'm currently
working on. It should compile fine if you're using the latest clang (or
at least did for me), but I couldn't get it to run with osxfuse yet.
Sorry for that. Do you have a Linux VM? There it should work fine by
just following the build instructions on github.