On 24.08.20 22:42, Phil Kane wrote:
On 8/24/2020 12:39 PM, Kai Engert wrote:

The Thunderbird team had originally announced to enable OpenPGP by
default in version 78.2.0

It has been decided to slightly postpone this for final changes and
testing by volunteers.  It's expected to be enabled in 78.2.1

I'm confused.  I'm using TB v 68.11.0 (64 bit) for Windows 10 and it
reports as the latest.  Have i missed a large series of upgrades?

You haven't.

Although Thunderbird 78 was released two months ago, we have recommended that all Enigmail users should continue to use Thunderbird 68 for another while.

The reason for waiting is: Thunderbird 78 can no longer be used with Enigmail. Instead, Thunderbird 78 will have integrated support for OpenPGP. However, that new code wasn't ready yet, so we have recommended that users wait.

For this reason, we have not yet enabled automatic updates from 68 to 78.

Please continue to wait until Thunderbird 68 will automatically suggest you to upgrade to 78.

Please also see my other email about how Thunderbird 78 will behave differently than Enigmail.

Regards
Kai