On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 19:04, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> 3. convert images that are not "transparent) (ie square) into .jpg and change
> docs to point to these

I just converted all the PNGs from the E-dox directory into JPG and GIF
format. GIF is no longer "evil", right ?? The Unisys patent ran out I
thought and I imagine that was the primary reason for using PNGs. Well,
transparency too, so that ruled out JPG.

Anyway, here's what 'df -h' says:

860K    ./gifs
2.0M    ./pngs
460K    ./jpgs

I'm more impressed by the conversion to JPG than GIF, but you lose
transparency...

Hall