On 17/11/17 10:08, jaquilina wrote:
> Hi guys this is something I can contribute to in terms of website. and I
> can even host it if you all so desire. Question is do you want this
> built off a framework, such as wordpress where it will be easy to
> include a forums section or something custom built?

I think that given doku is already so heavily integrated into everything
all we really need to do is update its style sheets. We can probably set
up doku to have a dark on light stylesheet and a light on dark where
users can choose which they prefer.

>>> https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#contrast-minimum )it should be 4.5:1 at
>>> least. Our colors are #818181 for the text and #303030 which give a
>>> contrast ratio of 3.39:1 ( https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/
>>> ). And it is worth for people with vision impairment where it should
>>> be 7:1.
>>>
>>> Black on white or white on black would work, but according to some
>>> random
>>> person on Internet (could not find a scientific evidence/citation of
>>> it) a
>>> white background force your pupils to contracts, making it easier to
>>> focus
>>> your eye with a smaller pupil (much like the depth of field is increased
>>> with a smaller camera lens). This could be shown by a test carried on
>>> 136
>>> subject, where the people reading black text on a white background
>>> scored
>>> better than any other combination of colors (
>>> http://lite.mst.edu/media/research/ctel/documents/LITE-2003-04.pdf ).
>>>
>>> The second problem are our links that are difficult to tell wether they
>>> have been clicked on or not. Also they have a slight glow around the
>>> links
>>> that makes them harder to read. The best link on the subject we can
>>> point
>>> to would be
>>> https://www.nngroup.com/articles/guidelines-for-visualizing-links/ .
>>>
>>> So it would be best to come up with a more accessible design for our web
>>> site. If someone want to suggest a new design within those
>>> constraint, it
>>> would be great, but I would suggest to look at
>>> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/ or at http://doc.qt.io/
>>> . They are simple and work well in term of readability. We could
>>> easily go
>>> with something like that. What do you think ?
>>>
>>> Cedric

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30