> Slack is now in the process of killing there irc bridge so this won't
> work for much longer, goodbye slack. (The bots are terrible you have no
> idea who's actually active in the other chat room).

It's possible to join Freenode through the matrix network. matrix.org hosts
a bridge to Freenode.

Once you join the matrix network, you can setup more bridges to Slack,
Discord, gitter, Telegram and others. I used this method to glue the
networks (Telegram, Discord and IRC) of a programming group of mine. It was
pretty easy and I didn't need to setup any server (although a gitter bridge
will require me to do so).

So you guys can have Slack, but IRC users can continue to use IRC through
Freenode as always.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/