On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:27:13 +0000 jaquilina <jaquil...@eagleeyet.net> said:

> If the project is up for moving away from SF I am more then willing on
> my cpanel server to setup an account for the mailing list and give
> certain people access to manage the mailing list on my server as well if
> they want to install mlmm or other filtering platform.
>
> Would be great to get rid of the wonkyness.

it's back and working. the kind of wonkies that happen any time you do
migrations and major infra changes. it's not really that bad. sometimes sf.net
gets backlogs of a few hours or a day or 2. this time it dropped some mails for
a week or 2. it's back and working.

note - migrating mailing list means migrating users. we have no access to the
user list anymore. sf.net blocked that for "privacy reasons". so migrating is
much much much much harder because we can't just auto-migrate everyone over to
the new address. given that and just work required to migrate... i think sf.net
is going to have to get far worse to justify such a move. :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com