Hello.

Another update on this.

On 08.05.2018 21:41, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> On 04/27/2018 01:38 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>
> There sadly has not been as much progress as hoped for.
> I still wait for the following items:
>
> o Cedric's last branch to be merged (lifecycle?). What is the status here?
> Maybe its to massive to get landed for 1.21? I have been told it
> would be merged like 10 days ago.

This is the one getting me stomachache. It keeps postponing with new
problems being found. And surely there will be more problems showing up
when merged into master.

Cedric, you think you can get this in until Tuesday? I wanted to start
the freeze end of next week, more below.

> o https://phab.enlightenment.org/D5908 needs review

Merged now.

> o https://phab.enlightenment.org/D6046 needs review

Still in progress. Raster, could you check if the added comment
addressed your concern?

> o Comments on the flat theme from Raster

We talked about it again and this will keep going in parallel with the
hopes to have it ready and merged into master before the release. I am
willing to have an exception here as the theme should be isolated enough
to not cause to much trouble when being merged late. We still should
make a call if we have it in or not two weeks before the release (beta2
time).

> Once we have these sorted we can start with the stabilization phase.
> As we have no date for this yet I can only give a rough schedule to give
> people an idea.
> This needs to be updated once we start with the alpha.

Besides the lifecycle branch I think we are in shape now to start the
stabilization. Nothing else besides the ones above have been brought up.

It seems time to get into the huge backlog of bugs to get them fixed. :-)

The idea is now to have the freeze starting end of next week. The items
from above have been mentioned early enough that I might be ok to have
them slip in after the alpha, but don't count on it. Instead try to make
sure you get them in until Monday or Tuesday.

Here is an updated schedule I put up for discussion. Speak up NOW if you
have problems with it.

=== Schedule ===
2018-05-24 Merge window is over. (handled by Stefan)
* Only bug fixes from this point
* Alpha release tarball
* We really need to sort out if we have bigger issues lingering around
due to all the last minute rush
2018-06-18 Beta1 release tarball (handled by Raster)
* Only critical fixes from this point
2018-06-25 Beta2 release tarball (handled by Raster)
2018-07-02 Beta3 release tarball (handled by Raster)
2018-07-09 EFL 1.21 is out (handled by Stefan)

This would basically bring it down to a 6 weeks stabilization window.

Thoughts?

regards
Stefan Schmidt