Hello.

On 9/26/18 4:48 PM, Marcel Hollerbach wrote:
> There is a difference between a precise plan on what kind of changes are
> done and what the overall plan looks like.
>
> - What is happening to the CI, cgit, wiki etc.

A fair question.

> - Is the sponsoring a permanent choice, or just something for a year or
> so, and the overall plan is to migrate back, (this was also proposed in
> the "Gitlab" thread).

Stephen clarified this now in the vote. The vote would be on the end
goal. Gitlab on own infra in this case.

> Those questions are rather fundamental (at least to me) in order to vote
> for anything. Also, how useful is it to know that the community wants to
> have a sponsored service if there is no funding at all.

I think using the term sponsorship is a bit misleading. The current
server and network access is also sponsored. What I understand from the
thread is that some wanted a cloud service (which would be sponsored as
it costs monthly).

Nothing about that is clear yet. No price tag on monthly costs, who
would sponsor, for how long, etc. Everyone wanting this should think how
it could happen.

None the less I think its fair to start having a vote on community
desires. That should show a bit better what the people here want.

If there will be a sustainable plan to get to that goal has to be seen.
One have to start somewhere though and this thread has gone in many
direction without a clear directive showing up.

regards
Stefan Schmidt