On 9/24/06, Andreas Volz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:37:33 -0400 schrieb Stephen Houston:
>
> >  Really what I would like to see is you take xinelib and add music
> > only api to emotion... that would be nice :)
>
> Ok, why not. I could try it. I created an example that plays only audio
> (without video) files with xine-lib. It's not that hard.
>
> I checked out the emotion code and looked through the API. It's not
> much documented and I'm noto sure how to integrate this. How would you
> integrate this into emotion. Any ideas or tips?

Eclair and Emmp (http://hisham.cc/files/ somewhere there) use emotion
to play audio (note that both apps might not compile now but they
should show you how to use emotion). Although emotion requires an evas
object to exist, it can play both video and audio files. It is not
particularly optimized for audio-only files, but it will work.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)