Hiding the evas object is just a way around the problem. The object is still
there and thats heavier than it has to be. The solution is to add an api to
emotion that will simply play sounds without creating an evas object... if
Andreas has the code already he just needs to add some api calls.. maybe...
emotion_audio_add emotion_audio_play emotion_audio_pause emotion_audio_stop
and so on..

On 9/24/06, Nicolas Aguirre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With the gstreamer plugins, emotion object can play visualizations like
> goom if the visualisation plugins is installed on your system (with
> gstreamer-plugins-good I think). If you hide the evas object containing
> video, I don't think that emotion take more ressources. I use it for
> enna and it works verry well. With gstreamer plugin you can handle cdda
> too if you give the right filename : cdda://1 for the first song of
> audio cd.
>
> regards,
> Nicolas
>
> Le dimanche 24 septembre 2006 à 11:16 +0200, Andreas Volz a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I search a solution to play music files with the EFL. There's Emotion
> > to play videos, but without an example how to play a music file. Is
> > Emotion the correct library for this? And is there a small example how
> > to play music files?
> >
> > With music files I mean MP3, OGG, WAV and perhaps WMA.
> >
> > regards
> > Andreas

> D�couvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le
> sujet !
> Yahoo! Questions/R�ponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et
> vos exp�riences.
> http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Stephen Houston