> oh... another idea (hope you don't mind the unsolicited ideas)...

i love them =)

> Might be nice to have the pager itself get raised to above all in
> response to an urgent client. (configurable)
>
> This might be nice because, at least for me, the pager is in a less
> obtrusive location than the popup would be.  The popup can obscure
> things when visible.  the pager (in my case) is a bit more out of the
> way, but would be very noticeable.  :)

Raise the pager, you mean raise temporary the shelf where the pager
is ? It would be a new shelf mecanism to code, maybe a good thing,
maybe not verry usefull outside this case ... dunno.

I agree, it would be less obstrusive. Sometimes you want that.
But the idea is to warn the user, so we want to be sure he sees the
event.

Make that configurable would be nice, maybe later, when we will have
the author's module opinion :)

laurent