On 03/17/2007 04:48, Laurent Ghigonis wrote:
> I'm not sure to understand you're answer.
>
> Did you test the patch ? The way you describe the things are how
> they _should_ happend. Closing the popup after the first desktop change.
> If it's not the case for you, please tell me what you're pager setting
> are, so maybe i can reproduce that.

Yes... my mistake.  You are correct.  It does not disappear immediately.
  But it does disappear before the full timeout specified, which is what
I was suggesting.

When I initially tested, I was using a shorter timeout, and it simply
appeared as if it was continuing to wait until that timeout expired.
But if I set it to 10 full seconds... its obvious that it does close
after the desktop switch.  :)

Thanks,
Ravenlock

> The thing is, sometimes its _not_ a good thing to close the popup after
> a desktop change : you could miss a popup urgent event, if you change
> of desktop at the time the event happend. Need to think about that,
> maybe a timer that must be respected ...
>

> laurent
>

>> This is very handy.  Though one thought.  It might be nice to have a
>> configurable setting that when selected... the pager popup would
>> close after the first desktop change.
>>
>> For example:
>>    1) you get an urgent window
>>    2) pager pops up
>>    3) you select the desktop of the urgent window
>>    4) the popup closes.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Just a thought.

Regards,