As Jason Tackaberry said on the other thread, here comes my proposal
for "3d" transformation for 2d objects. I've discussed this with
raster at bossa conference.

My proposal was born to solve the missing "rotate", that if solved
would still raise missing "shear", etc.. Raster said he don't have a
_rotate() method yet because he couldn't get it as fast as possible on
each engine.

Since many operations can be handled by transform matrix and some
engines (ie: GL), can handle it fast, just expose:
   void evas_object_transform(Evas_Object *obj, double matrix[4][4])
Given one knows how to fill the coefficients he can achieve his
rotation/shear/... goals and it will be fast as hell on GL. Other
engines will not run as fast, but it'll be up to the user to handle
that.

This would enable fancy "beryl-like" effects inside Evas, wanted by
Freevo guys. This may also be used by embedded devices given OpenGL/ES
support.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri