On 8-Jul-07, at 7:51 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> Maybe we need to have official IRC logs? Maybe add a #ecode channel
> whose ONLY
> purpose is discussion of code, design, direction ideas etc. No help
> questions -
> no random discussion. Log it and put that up on-line. If you want
> to pipe up as
> part of the discussion - join the channel. People who have been
> away/asleep can
> "catch up" by reading the logs. I am NOT saying we get rid of Email
> or don't
> use it, but I am trying to find a better way to do this...

Isn't this what #edevelop was for originally? Couldn't we just
enforce the topic in there and let all off-topic stuff go elsewhere
(#e or some other channel).

I think allowing coding questions is valid as that can point out
flaws in your API design or things that you've missed all together.
It's a hard line to draw.

dan