On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:31:34 +0200 (CEST) Vincent Torri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> babbled:
>
> ok- looking at the patch gives me meat to chew on :) overall this looks good.
> i'm a little dubious of the whole libtool version thing - i actually HATE it.
> i'd prefer the libtool revision/version/whatever stuff is sourced/generated
> from the package itself (eg 0.5.0 for edje) and we will increment this ONE
> version info only. i know what major and minor versions mean - most developers
> do/should so i'd rather have a single version tag there if possible - all the
> space used up by the libtool scheme comments could work on some script mojo to
> work out the libtool version magic from the package version. i really want to
> keep them consistent at all times if possible. thats my only issue - otherwise
> it seems ok to me.

ok

so, about libtool :

1) I remove the big doc
2) from the package version (minor, major, micro), i create:

version_info = ($major + $minor):$micro:$minor

I know that ewl does not use that libtool behavio, so I'll not change
libtool version info in ewl, but I'll do the other modifications

I plan to add AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL to the following libraries in libs/ :

eet, evas, ecore, embryo, edje, efreet, etk and ewl. I'll maybe add it
later for emotion (when the evas sink will be finished), epeg and epsilon.

I plan to do the other changes for all libs in libs/ except:

edb, estyle, etox, evoak and ewd, as they are not maintained anymore

Should I modify imlib2 ?

Is it good for everyone ? (Especially etk maintainers, as they might not
want that libtool version scheme).

I'll look at proto/ and apps/ later

Vincent