On Nov 18, 2007 9:51 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2007 5:19 PM, Andre Magalhaes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Nov 18, 2007 5:16 PM, Hisham Mardam Bey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > The situation is, everyone knows we should split up ecore, but
> > > everyone just keeps adding to it because no one is willing to split it
> > > up and cope with fixing the breakage. The more this keeps on being
> > > done, the harder its going to be to fix it all once its broken.
> > >
> > > We better do it now than wait for more code to creep in there. Someone
> > > has to do it, and if you guys dont mind, well, I'm personally all for
> > > it.
> > But what is the idea of a split. Put every module in a different
> > package? Rename them?
> > Why is it needed, as every module already are independent in a certain
> > way of each other.
> > Own pkgconfig file, own library, ....
> > So basically what is needed for a split?
> > We could do it, but first we need to know what needs to be done.
>
> yes, just that... turran did this with proto/ecore_li (actually it's a
> new lib, so it was just not added, instead of split).

Indeed, that's my idea, just move every ecore subsytem to its own
directory outside ecore (at least as a beginning). I did this with
ecore_li under proto and also edata (which is ecore_data) i sent an
email to the list but got almost no feedback about it. The problem
splitting ecore_data is the large amount of projects to fix both code
and autotools stuff but it's doable in case we agree.