On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:58:22 GMT "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

>       I wrote:
>
> >     I looked at "e_thumb_main" - it saves to eet files directly.
> > That's not really sufficient for giving flexible thumbnail-file
> > saving functionality for others to use - it's just too restrictive
>
>       Having said that, I also just took a quick look at epsilon..
> and it seems to me that 'e_thumb' has some nice aspects as well over
> epsilon - for efl based stuff.
>       It seems to have an evas-object interface that abstracts away
> the 'thumb file' concept and just concentrates on giving you the
> display-object you want for a given input 'uri' and desired size
> (probably could give more info as well). I'm not sure what the real
> difference is between an "e_live_thumb" vs a 'plain' "e_thumb", though
> the former seems to want the latter.

live_thumb is for live objects - it is where the previews for things go - so u
can preview a set of objects in a canvas "as a scaled down thumb" live. e_thumb
is just for thumbnails of files on disk :)

>       Well, maybe there's room here for some kind of revamp/merger/
> new-thing or whatever that could take the best from both.. But I think
> that something like this could benefit greatly from:
>
>       1. Contrast and compare with other existing solutions, say
>          from kde/gnome.
>       2. Feedback from people who could use such a thing, say
>          toolkit, fm, wm, ... writers.

feedback in previous mail :) and well - in e_thumb - it exists because i needed
lots of extra stuff and just rolling a quick "its inside e" thing worked best
for me.