This is a little off-topic for the thread, but there are some long
term changes I would like to see for epsilon eventually.

1. Split thumbnail generation into pluggable processes. If we can
specify external commands for generating thumbnails, we reduce the
amount of code necessary to support new formats. This also gives us
robustness when a dependency mis-behaves and crashes the thumbnailing
process.

2. Switch to dbus for client to server IPC. Many of the issues
currently with the epsilon daemon stem from some initial problems with
ecore_ipc, and the hacky conversion to ecore_con. Dbus is also
targeted at remote method invocation, which is essentially the goal of
the epsilon daemon communications.

3. Develop a dbus standard communication protocol with FDO. Ideally,
we could get a protocol adopted by the major desktops which would
allow for a single thumbnailing process to be present regardless of
your application mix. For instance, if you are running nautilus under
E and it handles thumbnailing requests, then we don't need to start a
background epsilon process.

These don't really help the release schedule for iNDT, but I think
they would create a better long term result.