On Saturday 26 January 2008, Vincent Torri wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> >> You do not it right. Before doing that, I asked mingw devs on how to do
> >> that. I think that they know a bit more on how to do that than you.

> >> With cegcc, I have to define / undefine macro (in Eet_private.h). So
> >> anyway I have to check whether or not cegcc is used or not.
> >>
> >> And as I told you, people that know a lot more than you on windows told
> >> me how I have to check things correctly. If you don't revert your
> >> changes, I'll do it myself and i would like you to ask me questions and
> >> waiting for my answers before commiting when dealing with windows stuff.
> >> I can do mistakes, and I would be glad to know them. But here, what i
> >> did here is correct.
> >
> > polluting multiple places with windows cruft that do the same thing over
> > and over is not the way to go.  if you want to maintain a mess of ifdefs,
> > write it in *one* place and have all the other files pull it in.
>
> for example, about the mmap and fcntl calls in eet_lib.c, you would
> suggest to write in eet_win32.c the ports of these functions and call them
> in eet_lib.c ?

exactly ... where we can unify these pieces without touching common code the
better.  not sure if there's a "core" piece of e17 where we can move all of
this, but if we had a few files that we could just drop into the different e
libraries, that'd be a good start i think (think gnulib here).  like
a "system.h" where we stick all of the win32 ifdefs/includes and then
everyone pulls that.  your thoughts on mmap/fcntl sound like an excellent
example.  _e_mmap() / _e_fd_cloexec().
-mike