On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 1:54 PM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:19:39 -0300 "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri"
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
>  > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
>  > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:21:35 +0100 "Massimiliano Calamelli"
>  > >  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  > 2008/3/21, Sebastian Dransfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > > Why not just use libxml2 and make the wallpaper_web part optional if
>  > >  > > the user has libxml2?
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > >  Sebastian
>  > >  > >
>  > >  >
>  > >  > I agree, and your idea already are in TODO list, but i don't started
>  > >  > with it for some reasons.
>  > >  > The module is a testbed to see how online stuffs can be improve E's
>  > >  > life, so imho I have to work to make it usable without problems; after
>  > >  > do that, and after seeing what people think about, we can start with
>  > >  > another external application that get online stuffs for themes, icons,
>  > >  > wallpapers, cursors, etc. This kind of app must have a solid backend
>  > >  > library to use to get/put online contents, built by
>  > >  > libxmle/exml/whatever.
>  > >  > Atm i prefer to work to make my module useful instead of change the
>  > >  > parser to use another library (that i've to study), having in mind
>  > >  > that there's an entry for this kind of lib in GSoC ideas page.
>  > >
>  > >  maybe it's just me, but as we control both the server-side AND the app -
>  > > do we NEED to use XML and RSS feeds? why do we need to make a complicated
>  > > format to parse where we are arguing over adding libraries just to parse
>  > > it, when we COULD simplify it to a VERY simple format. eg:
>  > >
>  > >  (get http://www.get-e.org/e-feeds/wallpapers.feed)
>  > >  result:
>  > >
>  > >  -ITEM-
>  > >  Name: The name of the item
>  > >  Updated: 2432215534
>  > >  Thumb: wallpapers/thumbs/blah.png
>  > >  File: wallpapers/files/blah.edj
>  > >  -ITEM-
>  > >  Name: Another item
>  > >  ...
>  > >
>  > >  (thumb and file paths are relative to http://www.get-e.org/e-feeds/ -
> i.e.
>  > > the dir the .feed file is in, Updated is just a timestamp in seconds
> since
>  > > jan 1 1970).
>  > >
>  > >  this would be brain-dead simple to parse, to generate etc.
>  > >
>  > >  just a suggestion - but i just think there is a lot of debate and work
> [...]

at first we could write a C app that php would execute to generate it,
just generate and output it to STDOUT and it would do for web, but
really, if someone take some time to write php bindings for eet basic,
we'd start to rock! (see imlib2, it's used a lot in these web
environments)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi