On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:32:04 +0200 (CEST) Dave Andreoli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

and finally i added it to cvs :)

btw - i dont' see any way to remove a gadget once u added it to "display with
win+g" binding... :(

> Hi all
> as someone of you know I'm working on a module to place gadgets on the
> desktop. It's ready for me! and now need your testing and your suggestion.
>
> Gadgets can simply stay on you desktop window, but can also be stacked over
> your windows; gadgets stacked ontop can be showed/hidden with a key (I use
> Super-G, you have to bind your).
>
> I need your commnts on how the gadgets placed on top should work.
> Now when you press the key the whole screen fade to white and the gadgets
> appear with an animation, the mouse events are captured by the big window so
> that you can't use your desktop until you repress the key and the gadgets
> disappear...
>
> Do you think is the right way to do it? I have also a version that make the
> big window shaped and you can use your desktop also when the gadgets are
> showed. I'm not sure witch of the 2 is the better. So I need your comment :)

not sure the big window popup (win+g) is that useful - only trhing i'd make now
is the ability to have gagdet below everything (on the desktop) or above (as
they are now - they are above filemanager icons for example)