On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:33 AM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:32:04 +0200 (CEST) Dave Andreoli
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
> and finally i added it to cvs :)

yay!

> btw - i dont' see any way to remove a gadget once u added it to "display with
> win+g" binding... :(

u need to right-click them while they're visible (win+g -> right click
-> remove)

>> Hi all
>> as someone of you know I'm working on a module to place gadgets on the
>> desktop. It's ready for me! and now need your testing and your suggestion.
>>
>> Gadgets can simply stay on you desktop window, but can also be stacked over
>> your windows; gadgets stacked ontop can be showed/hidden with a key (I use
>> Super-G, you have to bind your).
>>
>> I need your commnts on how the gadgets placed on top should work.
>> Now when you press the key the whole screen fade to white and the gadgets
>> appear with an animation, the mouse events are captured by the big window so
>> that you can't use your desktop until you repress the key and the gadgets
>> disappear...
>>
>> Do you think is the right way to do it? I have also a version that make the
>> big window shaped and you can use your desktop also when the gadgets are
>> showed. I'm not sure witch of the 2 is the better. So I need your comment :)
>
> not sure the big window popup (win+g) is that useful - only trhing i'd make
> now
> is the ability to have gagdet below everything (on the desktop) or above (as
> they are now - they are above filemanager icons for example)

that would be good, yes.

as for useful or not, well, it's a nice show off feature! I have
larger version of gadgets, I have a huge pager there and I click the
pager for another desktop and you see the desktop movement (all color
modulated), very nice ;-)

another utility is that you can see some useful information without
having to unblock the view by hiding all (Win+D, ctrl+alt+d)
windows... however we could use something that the upper layer is like
the desktop layer.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems