On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Michael Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 June 2008, at 11:21:30 (+0200),
> Albin Tonnerre wrote:
>
>> Please, no. This was intentionnaly reverted because it causes a
>> build failure when using tarballs created by 'make distcheck', as
>> the debian dir is not included in them (on purpose)
>
> I still think this is a huge mistake.  It's a very simple matter for
> someone who doesn't want to use it to "rm -rf" a debian/ hierarchy
> that is already there.
>
> It's a hell of a lot harder for someone who *does* want to use it to
> reproduce it out of thin air.

I'm not a packager myself, but all the packagers that I know hate
this, and seems that it's written somewhere in debian packager docs
that debian/ folders should not be part of the project.

as for those willing to create own ad-hoc packages, isn't checkinstall enough?

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems