On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:35:22PM -0700, Michael Jennings wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 June 2008, at 11:21:30 (+0200),
> Albin Tonnerre wrote:
>
> > Please, no. This was intentionnaly reverted because it causes a
> > build failure when using tarballs created by 'make distcheck', as
> > the debian dir is not included in them (on purpose)
>
> I still think this is a huge mistake.  It's a very simple matter for
> someone who doesn't want to use it to "rm -rf" a debian/ hierarchy
> that is already there.
>
> It's a hell of a lot harder for someone who *does* want to use it to
> reproduce it out of thin air.

First, up sorry for the bother. I didn't realise that there
was a new way to handle the Debian packaging wafting through
the archive.

Secondly, perhaps it would be better to improve the packaging,
incoporating those changes being made by people maintaining pacakages
for Debian, rather than delete it all together.

Its seems to me that being able to check out code from cvs and build a
debian package would be useful to some people. But perhaps I am the only
person in that category :-)

--
Horms