On Thu, 14 May 2009 10:32:38 +0200
Thomas Gstädtner <tho...@gstaedtner.net> wrote:

> Of course he is free to do whatever he wants, it's a free world (erm,
> however).
> I'm sure this won't keep him from doing his work, but I'm still a
> little disappointed that there is so much discussion about the latest
> "web2.0" services while in the last 2 years there has been less than
> 30 minutes work on writing for e.org stuff.

I confirm that I want to go on, for now; it is too earl for me to see
if this test is useful or not. Anyway I'll keep in mind your and
other's objection, this discussion is very useful, imho.

> Before there are any complaints about me complaining and not actually
> doing stuff: I'd be free to write small news/articles about new stuff
> in E world (taking from the svn commits and discussion on the ML which
> I follow). If there won't be a possibility to do this directly on
> e.org, maybe planet.e.org would be a way if andres improves it like he
> said. However, with the information being available on twitter this
> would of course be redundant, so I'm not sure if it's still a good
> idea.

I want to be clear, again.
NEWS/ARTICLES/BLOG ARE FUNDAMENTAL FOR OUR COMMUNITY.
ANYONE THAT WANTS TO DO THAT ARE WELCOME.

And about planet.e.org, it is a good start, but imho we need more than
an aggregator, we need something more "official", something like a
"corporate blog".

I'm not so skilled about english to do that, i usually write about E in
my blog, only in italian language.

Last (for now, i've to tweet about latest commits :) ), i think having
tweets and posts/articles is not redundant, there are not comparable.
If you like RSS feed, you can subcribe to the RSS blog stream, and if
you like Twitter, you can start follow our (unofficial) account.
There's some redundancy if you follow edevel on twitter AND you
subscribe to the RSS stream of this account, but this is not our
problem, it is just your choice.

Let me do a little example of what i do for my posts (obviously imo this
is a good way); ah, note that i'm registered to Twitter (T), FriendFeed
(FF) and Facebook (FB).

When I write a new post:
* FF detects an activity in my RSS stream, got title and URL
* FF add this new entry in my streamline
* FF shortens the URL, and make a tweet with title and short URL in my
T streamline
* I linked the T status to the FB status, so every tweet changes my FB
status

What i got? With one shot I notified all of my contacs that follow me
by RSS feed in blog, FF, T and FB.
With this little chain I cover four different way to tell to my
friends/contacts that i done something new.

I'm not saying we have to do that for E, this is sure, it is just to
explain because i think the twitter presence non redundant.

> > if raster stops
> > hacking and starts twittering then I'd find out a FUCKING HUGE STICK
> > and beat him to death :-)
>
> You'd have to lend me that stick. :)

Please be careful about my head :)

Massimiliano