On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:41:19 +0100 Jorge Luis Zapata Muga
<jorgeluis.zap...@gmail.com> said:

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:20:18 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

I've attached a tarball containing the evas sink for gstreamer, a small
test example and a small video (ogg/theora, 48 frames). You must have
gstreamer and gstreamer-plugins-base dev packages to build everything

1) Create the directory ~/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins

2) make (to build the sink and the test, and install the plugin)

3) ./test (to run the test)

The plugin is not complete yet, but it's a good start. What is remaining,
mainly, is to managed YUV files and maybe adding mor properties. I'll add
it later.

Question: should this sink goes to emotion dir, or gstreamer repo ? That
is, could it be used elsewhere (like in webkit-efl, for example) ?

Vincent

PS: thanks to Nicolas Aguirre for his help with cond/mutex. I'll never
understand that stuff...

imoh - it probably belongs in emotion... but right now its a rgb(a) sink
only

Yes. First, i want to make it solid with BGR or BGRA or BGRx (4 chans, no
alpha). They are all the same except the padding which is 3 or 4. For
example, there is a deadlock in the new code. I don't want to add features
until the problem is solved.

which means its really not of any great use. once its yuv... you can
finally get acceleration for yuv->rgb+scale (right now yuv->rgb will be
done by gstreamer in software and then if you use evas's gl engine - u
could get scaling accel - but its an rgba upload of pixels - and as such
thats 32bit per pixel not the 12 bits that yuv would be - so more than
double the upload bandwidth).

I know how to deal with YUV (YV12 or I420) as i did it in emotion.
I'll add that support later (note the caps that are commented at the
beginning of evassink.c).

i'd say make it do yuv and put it in emotion as part  of the
gtsremaer module. expose the sink to gst runtime inside emotion (it doesnt
need a .so installed if u supply your own sink from the app - right?)

There are several locations where gstreamer searches the modules :

 * the prefix of gstreamer + lib/gstreamer-0.10
 * $HOME/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins
 * the value of the env var GST_PLUGIN_PATH
 * the path passed to the command line option --gst-plugin-path (if
   the app uses argc/argv and if gst is correctly initialized)

You can always make a static plugin, that is, register the gst element
once the emotion lib is initialized (and the gstreamer backend). It
will be part of the gst runtime, no need to create a .so.

thats what i was talking about :)

but then, it can not be used elsewhere. Why do you think that emotion is the only lib that should use it ?

Vincent