On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i tried to compile all packages, which are as ebuilds in official Gentoo
>>> enlightenment overlay from
>>> svn and i found some issues, which i will list below:
>>
>> Hi Thomas! Thanks for the report.
>>

>>> Missing README file, when README.in exists, lets automake bail out:
>>>
>>> eet
>>> embryo
>>> imlib2_loaders
>>> ecore
>>> evas
>>
>> This is quite tricky as these projects would like to have README with
>> the version filled in in the generated packages. As such, I don't see
>> committing them to SVN as an option :-/
>>

>>> autogen.sh containing lines, which hide issues in svn (like removing
>>> autotools related files or
>>> touching README), the issues should be fixed themselves, not worked
>>> around in autogen.sh:
>>>
>>> eet
>>> embryo
>>> imlib2_loaders
>>> ecore
>>> evas
>>
>> I don't know why those rm for cache must be explicit. I'd remove them.
>> Anyone know why these are required? Maybe these should go into
>> MAINTAINERCLEANFILES?
>
> raster had certainly problems 10 years ago and is reluctant to modify
> something that "works".
>
> Just a note : Evil is using autoreconf -f -i as autogen.sh and does nothing
> more, nor there are deleted files at the beginning of configure.ac. And it
> works quite well. No strange hacks.
>
> We are in 2010 and autoreconf is working for several years now.

yes, and the point with autoreconf is that it is updated to match new
requirements and changes, unlike our scripts that may miss
something... IOW it is more reliable. :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems