On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:04:10 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> said:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 16:02:42 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:46:08 +0900 sangho park <gouach...@gmail.com>
> > said:
> >
> > looks ok to me. yes - 3d is nice.. but.. it's definitely more
> > ambitious. for sure. for a full 3d map actually i might argue that
> > u'd need a new map widget as it'd be a whole new internal map infra.
> > if i were doing that i'd build something more like "google earth"
> > that can do full meshes for land and place objects in the world etc.
>
> Well, now you are heading into my territory.  Second Life (SL), and
> other similar 3D virtual worlds.  I'm working on clients for those.  I
> want to replace some of the crap code in existing SL style clients with
> EFL.

frankly. right now for that kind of emmersive "full 3d" there isnt much in efl.
there is "very limited" 3d via map. sungwoo is working on allowing GL to render
to evas objects - this will allow mixing 3d (rendered just to a nice image
object u can slap anywhere u like - as the background obj to your window, or
whatever) and 2d stuff (like standard 2d evas objects for the HUD and UI - ELM
widgets for lists and buttons and what not etc.). it'll also net u portability
between opengl (desktop) and opengl-es2. but it will require opengl-es2 (GLSL
shader level) hardware as a base. the software fallbacks don't exist yet, and
when they do... trust me.. they'll be slow.