On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 10:12:11 -0700 Jim Kukunas <james.t.kuku...@linux.intel.com>
said:

ok. big problems with sse3 on 32bit. we have to have it disabled. why? you did
it with intrinsics, and intrinsics fail without -msse3, BUT... -msse3 builds
code OPTIMIZED for sse3 - ie produces sse3 instructions even for regular c
code. this means people compile evas and then have an x86 cpu incapable of
sse3.. and presto. that binary doesnt work. that pretty much breaks backwards
compatibility for x86 - packagers will have our throats for this.

so this is all bad. the runtime sse3 tests are pointless and moot as long as
we compile with -msse3.

so we need sse3 asm that doesnt rely on -msse3 - ie like the mmx/sse was done.
via macros that add real inlined assembly. :)