Em 30-09-2011 18:46, Jim Kukunas escreveu:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:39:20PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:42:29 -0700 Jim Kukunas
>> <james.t.kuku...@linux.intel.com>  said:
>>
>> well.. lucas committed this without me getting around to my review... i found
>> several issues with it. A_MASK_SSE3 was being declared all the time and never
>> used in the inline funcs. it was ONLY used in 1 of the c files. i moved it
>> there. also you called the C init funcs for rel ops - not the sse3 ones.
>> copy&
>> paste bug. also unused return value warnings in cpu sse3 detection function.
> Whoops. Thanks for fixing these issues.
>
>> i ran a full expedite run:
>>
>> http://www.enlightenment.org/~raster/speed.html
>>
>> (i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, GeForce GTS 450, e17 running with OpenGL compositor).
>>
>> just as a comparison - after the sse3 speedups, speed vs the nvidia gpu:
>>
>> http://www.enlightenment.org/~raster/speedgl.html
>>
>> i haven't tested against an atom yet.
> Cool. I think these patches really shine on the atom.
>
> There is a much bigger difference between 21 frames and 46 frames, then
> betweeen 179 frames and 397 frames.
That's awesome for my Atom tablet with a GMA3150, also running the Free
Software drivers.

I notice in raster's comparison that some items get dramatically worse,
even though overall it's an amazing improvement which I'm going to
compile this weekend :)

Do you think you could visit them specifically, and perhaps make them go
much better rather than the current 80% worse or similar? :)

Good job, anyway, good job!

Rui