On Saturday, November 5, 2011, Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:12:21 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 09:47:08 -0400 Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com>
said:

>> > erm without favoring one way or another, if WE haven't seen anything
until
>> > just now then why would it matter how long "this thing" has been going
on
>> > for?
>>
>> you were favored with some ecore_con rewriting just before 1.0... :)
> that was in order to fix a huge number of bugs, not add a giant api.
>>
>> you're going to have to trust me then. the code is pretty much dormant
unless
>> the feature is used. as such i've given it much more testing than the
people
>> who wrote it and spent basically 2 solid says worth of work making it go
from
>> barely limping to actually working reliably. we have 2 more weeks of bug
>> fixing to iron out the bugs.
>>
>> right now as best i know (please. i'd love to have other people who know
this
>> around), i'm the one with probably the most experience with audio. i
spent
>> several years as a teenager composing audio tunes via mod trackers. i
have a
>> decent understanding of what sequencing, tracking and sample
manipulation are
>> about - i am far from an expert at things like mp3/vorbis audio codec,
but i
>> do know the principles. if there is a problem in the api design (which
is all
>> in edc - and its right now a tiny partial implementation of my
requirements,
>> there is more to come) then i'd love to have people other than me know
enough
>> about audio, mixing, sequencing etc. to actually say something. speak up
if u
>> think u have audio under your belt. but as best i know, no-one has
indicated
>> they know this to date. :( so i guess as the for-no-defacto-audio-guy...
>> say this is good as it has, api-wise, followed the spec i gave prince &
>> govind - in its subset implementation. if there are bugs - they can be
fixed.
>> still have 2 more weeks of bugfixing. that's WHY there is a separate
merge
>> window vs freeze window. :)
> seems reasonable enough I suppose. would still be nice if giant patches
like
> this could get brought in more than a couple days before the merge
> window...maybe some sort of samsung policy

Also, split patches for easier review. Okay, none of us may be as expert in
audio as raster, but very small part is about it. In a way, we can act as
users of the API in the review, also reviewing all the other bits. But as
is the patch is a major dump that would be rejected by us and every other
projects.

I hope raster understands our points.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri