Hi,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:18:29 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
> said:
>

>> Hey
>>
>> I'm talking a lot with an openBSD dev, and currently it's very hard for
>> them to follow the changes in the trunk. What they would like to have is
>> snapshots to provide easily patches for the EFL.
>
> how is that hard? svn checkout or update instead of wget. u also need to run
> autogen.sh.
>
>> Would it be possible to have, during the freeze period, some daily
>> snashots ? It would be nice to fix the openBSD port for the release.
>
> open to patches, but none have been submitted.

Are you kidding ? I though you were reading the svn log. I take a lot
of my time pushing / polishing these diff (special thanks to vtorrin,
bluebugs and billiob).
So you come from nowhere and make all this work looking bad, here and
on irc, that's amazing.

if they require tarballs to
> test and can't just run svn instead to fetch the source... i don't have the
> time each day to make tarballs when they can just as easily fetch from svn.
> it's the same work on their part. making tarballs is MORE work on our part.

You missed the point, we want to be sure that the final archive will be ok.
I'm not asking for snapshot on a daily basis, only some rc before the
final archive.
(Wait no project did alpha & rc, right ?)

>> Note that i discuss also with a Mageia e17 maintainer, and he told me that
>> such snapshots will help him too.
>
> a snapshot has no more quality than an svn checkout, so other than a mental
> block thinking svn == totally unstable/unusable and an unwillingness to use it
> because of a mental block, i don't see the point.

yeah a mental block, I think you don't want to know how many time I
have to reroll a dist to get all working and how frustating it is.