On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Christopher Michael
<cpmicha...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 12/27/11 21:26, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Christopher Michael
>> <cpmicha...@comcast.net>  wrote:

>>> And I haven't been following ews patches, lol :) But I am curious now ...
>>> how does ews implement a window manager&  decorations ? I haven't seen
>>>
>>> anything in elementary that does decorations (or for that matter, a
>>> window
>>> manager). Also not sure if 'single process' would be sufficient in a
>>> wayland
>>> case :/
>>

>> there are no patches, code is in ecore_evas and elementary for months
>> already.
>>
>> ecore_evas posts ecore_events that the manager is supposed to use and
>> do whatever is required, like adding decorations.
>>
>> elementary's code will implement this and register to events, creating
>> edje to decorate it:
>>
>> http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser/trunk/elementary/src/lib/elu_ews_wm.c
>>
> Ahh I see.
>

>> as for single process, that what was required. if one added a way to
>> get windows from other process is just a matter of doing the shm. But
>> I did not, as wayland was supposed to do it. :-)
>>

>>> Well, we are not making 'frame windows' (as such), just ability for
>>> ecore_evas to draw it's own "frames" Around windows (read:
>>> decorations)...or
>>> for elm to do it, etc.
>>

>> Still don't get it. What's the need to have these? Isn't just the
>> window maker (elm_win) to draw its stuff and that's it? what's up with
>> it at Evas level?
>>

> Well, what happens if someone makes an efl app that does not use elm ?
> Ecore_Evas would still need a way to draw a 'frame' around the window.

are you kidding or insane? What are you going to do? draw the border
using only evas commands, no themes? no nothing? If you're getting
themes, you pull in edje, then not in ecore-evas... a separate
library? if so, why not elm?

that's why I put it like that, elm pulls in ecore, evas, ecore_evas
and edje, all nice to do it... plus ship with a theme :-)

IMO it's not something for ecore or evas.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems